Here in the South it seems like September and October are spent waiting for the weather to finally cool down and for Fall to officially begin. Now that the temperatures have finally cooled off, we’re squeezing all the fun Fall activities into the limited time between now and Thanksgiving.
Without further ado, here’s a list of fun fall activities to do with your kids that won’t break the bank:
1.Go apple picking & learn about the different variations of apples
2. Make apple crisp or apple pie
3. Drink apple cider & have a family game night
4. Explore a corn maze
5. Visit a pumpkin patch & learn how pumpkins grow
6. Carve or paint a pumpkin
7. Study the life cycle of a pumpkin by checking pumpkin themed books out of the library. Our favorite is From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer.
8. Have a harvest festival with friends
9. Rake & jump in leaves
10. Create a nature box for nature themed play
11. Make a leaf collage
12. Paint leaves
13. Decorate for fall using nature
14. Bake a pumpkin pie
15. Go for a hike & enjoy the colors of the changing leaves
16. Roast s’mores over a campfire
17. Camp in your backyard
18. Visit a farm & learn about harvest
It doesn’t have to be complicated or cost a lot of money to create fun Fall memories with your kids! What are some of your favorite Fall traditions?