Fall has finally arrived here in Georgia and it has us in the mood for all things pumpkin over here in our house.
I’m not exactly sure what to call these… Fluffy cookies? Muffin tops? Muffies? I think I’m going with muffin tops. Call them whatever you want, but these super clean muffin tops have no refined sugar or flour. They’re just sweet enough to make my kids think they’re a treat, but not so sweet that I feel guilty if I feed them to my kids for breakfast. They’re warm, fluffy, comforting, and oh so simple to make!
Clean Pumpkin Muffin Tops
- 2 1/2 cups organic spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add in wet ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Use a tablespoon to form large mounds of dough and place on a baking sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes & enjoy!